|“||Come get some!||„|
|~ Sally in Contra: Evolution|
Sally Inohara (codename: Moon Shadow) is one of the main protagonists in Contra: Evolution. She is the only protagonist capable of performing hand-to-hand combat. To unlock her as a playable character, the player must first complete the game either with Bill Rizer or Lance Bean (or both in the case of co-op).
Her overall gameplay mechanics are very similar to Jaguar.
Sally Inohara is a female soldier belonging to Asian Special Force. A descendant of Inohara Ninja Clan from Japan, she is a lethal and stealthy combatant. Although familiar with modern weaponry, Sally feels much more at home with the usage of more traditional ninja weapons such kunai, shuriken, yari, spikes, boomerangs, etc. While these weapons do seem and sound anachronistic to extreme, under Sally's hands these ancient weapons become more than a match for modern-day arsenals. In addition, no enemies who approached closed to her ever escaped from her and her deadly katana; Sally is rumored to have destroyed an armored vehicle and even stopped shells and bombs with it. In a war against Red Falcon in which she is to participate, whether the rumor regarding Sally's godlike skill with her blade is to be revealed in the oncoming war.
- Katana - Sally's katana is activated immediately when she engages enemies at close range. In addition, she can stop destructible projectiles with her sword stab. Even though it can come extremely in handy (Sally is even able to destroy a Dogra with her sword stab), the hand-to-hand feat is not recommended against multitudes of oncoming enemies.
- S - Sally throws five-way kunai as spread shots. Compared to Bill's or Lance's Spread Guns, Sally's kunai travel in a much lower arc (only one shot travels upward, the second travels straight, the third, fourth and fifth ones travel toward the bottom front).
- L - Sally throws long spears (called Yari) with superhuman strength and speed that they travel blindly fast and have the capability to penetrate anything.
- H - Sally throws boomerangs with homing capability.
- M - Sally throws throwing spikes (somewhat large) in a rapid succession.
- F - Sally throws three shurikens set in y-axis traveling straight. Basically, larger forward shots.