Version and gameplay differences
In this port, the level structure has been altered in some stages, with paths in some areas having been changed or shortened.
- In the Factory Zone, the level ends shortly after the second vertical section and the player is directly transported to the Big Fuzz boss fight.
- The Air Battle level (Stage 4) was removed entirely.
- Many of the enemy bosses and minibosses were removed. These include:
- In the last level, a total of three Javas are fought; this in order to compensate for the removal of two minibosses: Gomeramos King and the Metal Alien.
- The two final bosses were removed: Living Brain Organism Searle and Six Men Feromedos, and the game ends immediately after defeating Emperor Demon Gava.
- All the weapons from the original Super NES game are featured except for the Laser Gun.
- The player no longer has the ability to hold two weapons, but can still carry and use Bombs with the SELECT button.
- When pressing ↓ on the directional pad, the player character crouches instead of adopting a prone position like in the original game.
- A strafing ability was included in order to compensate for the absence of rotation in both top-view stages.
- The background music was changed in certain areas, particularly the main boss theme and in the second top-view stage.
- A password feature was added.
This version consists of four difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard and Maniac, with Easy mode cutting the game's length at the third stage. All three remaining modes yield the same ending.
The game features Super Game Boy support, which provides a custom color scheme and enhanced sound effects.